Despite a few mishaps, like a burnt-off CPU, I think this project was successful. I managed to make the cooler much easier to mount, easier to maintain, and much more silent. The latter is in particular importance to me, as I'm woking a lot on my computer. I hate noisy fans, and I find it hard to concentrate with fans roaring all the time.
I have also increased the coolers efficiency by making the insulation better, it gave me in fact a 3 degree improvement compared to the old cooler. With the new CPU enclosure, it's also much easier to replace the CPU, and it looks much more professional as well.
Please leave any comments or questions in the forums
For those of you that aren't tired of reading, I suggest you check out these links below.
The original FrankenCooler
Article about electromigration and overclocking
The article about my mahogany wooden case
Lots of great info here.
. You can hardly get more extreme than this.
Great sources for peltier info!