Like mentioned before, the starting point with this project was the new woodencase I made. In the picture below, you can see how the case is divided in two sections; one for the cooling(right) and one for the electronics(left). As you can see, there's plenty of space even for a freon compressor, so I'll never run into space problems, that's for sure.
Fig. 2 The case with the two sections.
I started out with the radiator. I quickly found that the easiest way of doing this would be to make a duct with the radiator and fans attatched to it. I know it looks a bit "ghetto" using cardboard and duct tape, but I didn't have the tools to make one in aluminum, which I really wanted to. Anyway, in the pictures below you'll see how I did it, and it should be pretty self explanatory:
Fig. 3 Fans and radiator mounted on dampening Aeroflex.
Fig. 4 The cardboard being taped on to the fans and radiator.
Fig. 5 The cardboard duct is done.
I started out taping both the radiator and the two Nidec 4.5" fans to a piece of Aeroflex (there's actually four Nidec fans in the system, the other two are used for casecooling). The Aeroflex work as a buffer and will prevent resonance from the fans to travel into the woodencase, thus making it very silent. I cut the cardboard to fit around the radiator and the fans and then wrapped duct tape around it. Fast, simple and effective.
Fig. 6 The fans are slightly angeled towards the center of the radiator.
On the picture above, taken from the back of the case, you can see how the fans are slightly angeled towards the center of the radiator, as the two fans are a little bit wider than the radiator. The duct took me about ten minutes to finish, and it's much more efficient than the insane fiberboard duct used in the first watercooler. The fans are running at 5V instead of 12V, and this make them run very silent, yet they still move an adequate ammount of air.